Heartsaver® CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
2018 Class Schedule:
NO CLASSES SCHEDULED at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions,
This course is for anyone with limited to no medical training who needs a course completion card to meet job or regulatory requirements. Also for general knowledge.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
This course teaches both single rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and health care facilities. Course is commonly utilized with Paramedics, Nurses, Doctors, CNA’s, firefighters etc.
2018 Class Schedule:
NO CLASSES SCHEDULED at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions.