Thank you for your consideration in becoming a member of the Sandwich Fire Department. Like most volunteer departments we have a need for you. Participation as a volunteer will bring personal rewards, satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment for a job well done. However, belonging to the fire department requires a serious commitment.
Each member is required to attend weekly drills and complete required classes, many of which are held at our own fire station.
Applicants for firefighter must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Must possess a valid Illinois drivers license
- Must reside within the Sandwich Fire District
Applicants will be required to complete an interview which will detail the requirements and qualifications prior to membership. All training and personal protective equipment is provided by the fire department.
If you would like more information you can contact us in the following ways:
- Come to the fire station on Tuesday nights at 6:00 p.m.
- Call the station at 815-786-9241.
- Use the form below.